Wednesday 13 January 2010

It has been far too long...

So, it has been a long long long time since this has been updated. Despite the best of intentions, other, more video-gamey pursuits seem to have interfered in the progress of this blog. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks is amazing by the way. I pre-ordered it, and so received these gems as a free gift:



It's certainly one of the better games I've played recently. Bert seems to be enjoying it too, but is a little frustrated with me - I've hit the wall that I inevitably hit with Zelda games, where you know exactly how to solve the puzzle, but it's too damn hard! So I'm stuck on one of the temples, and I'm spending far too much time earning treasure in a mini-game. Hoo-rah.

Other recent game playing of possible interest:
Scribblenauts: Whimsical, but the controls were heinous enough for me to trade it in. Bowser's Story: I'm about a quarter or so in, and it. is. wonderful. Hilarious and well thought out. Worth a look for sure.
Sims 3/Sims 3 World Adventures: DON'T LOOK AT ME! DON'T LOOK AT MY SHAME! It's every bit as appealing as the other Sims installments have been, and every bit as overpriced. Annoying the living daylights out of me at the moment, since the new expansion is so buggy that I feel like I've payed 30 quid to beta test the damn thing.
House of the Dead - Overkill: Great little zombie shooter for the Wii. Feels like you're playing through a Tarantino film, but it is about as far from "family friendly" as you can get - swearing, sex references and gory violence make this firmly in the adult fare camp.
And, as always, the staple of our communal gaming - Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction: Now we're up to Hell difficultly level, and obsessing more than ever over item drops. I can recognize the sound of a ring drop from twenty paces.
Remember: The couple that games together, stays together.

So, in non-gaming news, Bert and I have moved to Bath. It's been great, much nicer than the fist fights and imminent knifings of Carlisle. The Baha'i community is bigger here, and I've been elected to the LSA, since they had a space. We seem to be settling in well, and have managed to set up a Ruhi Book 4 that takes place at our flat every month.

My sister came to visit over the Christmas break (and spent most of her time glued to my laptop, getting her fill of "The Sims 3") so we took her around to Stonehenge and other such historical sites. Stonehenge, is, I'm sure, magical and lovely if you weren't embittered by spending something like 20 quid a head to go and stand in the freezing cold with about two hundred other tourists who are also cold, but more vocal and obnoxious about this fact than you'd care for. All our photos of the trip have the same glazed over "I'm so goddamn cold" look emblazoned on our faces, but here's one anyway:



And on that note, I leave you with a well intentioned promise to actually update this thing.

1 comment:

  1. Sami, until you come experience a Canadian winter you shall no longer complain about the UK being "freezing cold". There is no snow in the photos you posted suggesting that it was at the coldest 0 degrees. Here in Toronto, however, it is -10, with about -20 wind chill, and my room is consistently 15 degrees. Basically, the moral of this story is: I get to complain about the cold, you do not.

    Other than that YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete